Thursday, December 20, 2012

Subway to Work

Subway car offices in Shoreditch, London (Nov, 2012)
While recently travelling in England I became addicted to the program "George Clarke's Amazing Spaces" which is like a less pretentious grand designs for the conversion of small, irregular spaces into habitable homes and offices. One of the spaces featured was these subway cars which had been converted into cheap, rentable office space in the middle of London. As I was wandering around Shoreditch (mostly looking for the more famous "Box Park" nearby) I took the above photo of some cool graffiti and subway cars which turned out to be the very offices featured on amazing spaces. 

Inhabitat, again, has featured these offices with a number of pictures showing their sleek interiors (am I ever going to feature something those geniuses haven't found first?) which you can visit by clicking here. Or I have been guilty of borrowing one of their photos showing the inside of the converted car and placing it below - it was just too sleek and pretty not to have! I wish I had known at the time what I was photographing, but all the fun of visiting a new city is stumbling across the unexpected. 

The interior of "village 2" subway car from Inhabitat.com

No comments:

Post a Comment