Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Semi Permanent? Super Cool

I am currently in the middle of writing about 3 different blog posts (some awaiting my own illustration- eek!) but as soon as I saw this post over on the Habitus Living blog I had to drop everything and talk about it too!  This is exciting because it is a little bit of a departure from what I had originally considered temporary urban design but something that I can get just as excited about! Basically a fabulous creative Melbourne couple have developed "The Super Cool" and noticing a resurgence in "pop up shops" decided to make that market their own. 


The Super Cool pop up store @Habitus Living

Basically The Super Cool live in a semi-permanent state, constantly popping up in new locations across Melbourne. Although the idea of finding a favourite store and upon heading back finding it missing is slightly horrifying, the idea of using different spaces and constantly moving areas paints a picture of a progressive and evolving city. Creating a mobile business also allows The Super Cool to set up in different spaces then where you would regularly expect a store (e.g. a warehouse or a fishing dock) adding an element of surprise and whimsy to an all ready magical Melbourne. 



I know I want to see more of these popping up in the future, what do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment