Tuesday, January 1, 2013

City. Living. Buys - Urban Exploration Tool Kit

Morning Everyone! Welcome to the first City. Living. Buys of 2013 (and the second ever, ahem). Today I wanted to make a City. Living. Buys focused more around an idea than just a single product that I want - I can only show you so many different types of maps! So todays idea is that of Urban Exploration, which is basically taking a camera and exploring the abandoned and hidden urban structures within your city - as safely as possible of course. Urban exploration has been a popular hobby for a while, but recently I noticed a rise in the number of my friends liking the "Abandoned Brisbane" urban exploration page on Facebook (click here) and it increasingly started coming up in conversation. 


So I thought before I give urban exploration a go (I am still hesitant due to its dangerous and sometimes illegal nature) I needed to make a list of my tool kit to take with me, so here it is - my first ever collage too!


1/2/3/4/5

Now the slingshot is a bit of a joke because it is a super big no no to damage/take anything from where you are exploring BUT hellaslingshots are just super cool and I think everyone should indulge their inner Huckleberry Finn occasionally. But an excellent camera to document your adventure, a backpack to carry your stuff, good shoes and a bike to travel on are all necessities if you are in for some urban exploration. Personally I am still questioning whether it is a good idea, I would love to see more of the city but I am put off by the dangers and might stick to geocaching for now. What do you think, anyone have any opinions on the hobby?   

No comments:

Post a Comment