Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Vision

"Your vison of where or who you want to be is the greatest asset you have. Without having a goal it's difficult to score." 

One of the first sentences of Paul Arden's book "It's not how good you are, It's how good you want to be" was one of profound impact. As I sat trying to design my business cards to be produced for upcoming graduate interviews, I was stuck with the problem of how I would refer to myself. At the end of this year I can no longer hide behing the term "student" but as I will be graduating with a Town Planning degree do I simply call myself a town planner? What about my interests in urban and graphic design? sustainable and temporary architecture? I started to think "How good do I really want to be?" and the answer was I want someone to feature me in their "Urban Hero" article just like mine on Candy Chang and a number of others to come. The solution came to me unexpectedly when I realised "Urban Hero" was not the right term - I want to be someone who brings about change and challenges the way cities function. What I want to be is part of a network of; 


No comments:

Post a Comment