Tuesday, February 12, 2013

POP of Colour

I really wanted to do my Vietnam Recap in an immediate two part series, but I found this over on Contemporist before I could get too it and it is just too amazing! The MVMNT pop up cafe by Morag Myerscough in Londons industrial suburb of Greenwich is an amazing example of a cool pop up cafe that doesn't involve a single shipping container! What excites me most about this pop up (asides from its totally rad design) is how easy it is to create a space that feels fresh and exciting simply with some plywood and some paint! 

The front of MVMNT Cafe via Contemporist

Not only does the use of colour allow the cafe to brand itself and differentiate from other cafes, it creates an eye-catching visual landmark within the suburb. I only have to look at the pictures and I want to pop by (if only I was still in the UK). The outside area of the cafe also presents an amazing opportunity for workspaces or meetings out in the public realm, something I think a lot of businesses need to utilize more. The outdoor area manages to look peaceful and exciting at the same time, although I am stuck wondering what will happen when it rains?

MVMNT Cafe outdoor area via Contemporist

So I know I am totally enthused, but would any one else like to see more pop ups like this happening? 


No comments:

Post a Comment